Music is an aural art. Development of listening skills is essential for a child to be successful in any subject-but crucial for musicianship.
This listening kit by Denise Gagne provides an age-appropriate tool toward this end.
This basic program provides:
- listening logs, response journal starter, instrument worksheets, composer bios with worksheets.
- A complete set of classroom activities for the short listening examples on audio.
- A full set of non-directed intercom listening scripts to implement a total school program, but these could also be used in the music classroom as a daily listening exercise.
- Correlates with MusicPlay by Denise Gagne and additional reference to the Composers Specialsvideos is a bonus.
- Each kit consists of a reproducible Book, Digital Book PDF and Audio MP3s of the listening selections.
The Level 2 Kit covers all the major music periods; makes excellent use of rhythm instruments; uses cup games (playing them, tapping them, passing them, etc.); introduces the instruments; form (ABA, AABB, rondo); and concepts (loud/soft, long/short, staccato/legato, fast/slow and high/low).
The musical selections are short and focused and short biographies are provided for Handel, Schumann, Brahms, Vivaldi, Bach, Grieg and Mozart. Reproducible activity sheets, composer bios, charts, and cards are included.
The Composers Specials Video for Grade 2 is Bach's Fight for Freedom (5843).
Paperback with Digital Download (Digital Book PDF and Audio MP3s)