Music is an aural art. Development of listening skills is essential for a child to be successful in any subject-but crucial for musicianship.
This listening kit by Denise Gagne provides an age-appropriate tool toward this end.
This basic program provides:
- listening logs, response journal starter, instrument worksheets, composer bios with worksheets.
- A complete set of classroom activities for the short listening examples on audio.
- A full set of non-directed intercom listening scripts to implement a total school program, but these could also be used in the music classroom as a daily listening exercise.
- Correlates with Music play by Denise Gagne and additional reference to the Composers Specials videos is a bonus.
- Each kit consists of a reproducible book and audio of the listening selections.
Level 4 Kit offers selections from all periods of music, continues to explore ABA, Rondo, and Theme & Variations forms, reinforces fast/slow and loud/soft concepts, introduces eighth-quarter-eighth rhythm and 3/4 time conducting, identifies the instruments and has some rhythm instrument play-alongs and cup games.
Also incorporates recorder themes and singing selections. The worksheets ask thoughtful questions ( i.e. "What is nationalism?"), and go into more detail about the periods and composers.
Composer's Special videos for Level 4 are Handel's Last Chance and Liszt's Rhapsody.
A terrific resource for the music specialist or beginning music teacher. Cross-references listening examples by form, time period, instruments and concepts.
Paperback with Digital Download (Digital Book PDF and Audio MP3s)