by Lynn Kleiner
Let's explore the jungle! Use gestures, movement, body percussion, instruments, food, sound effects, dramatic play to sound or move like the animals or a thunderstorm, tell a story, spin a yarn web, be eaten by a boa constrictor, and much more. Each song or rhyme has great suggestions for adding to the music. Could be great program for your young ages!
Also shows simple instruments to make, like a jaguar voice rattle, has a series of jungle arts and crafts, jungle room décor suggestions and jungle snack recipes. Reproducible craft pages. CD has all the songs and rhymes with simple but effective accompaniments and sound effects.
Songs, Rhymes & Chants
- Jungle Beat Chant
- Jungle Muisc
- We're Going to the Jungle Today!
- Sixty Inches of Rain
- Create Your Own Thunderstorm
- Going to the Jungle, Sing What We Should Bring
- Jungle Beat, Five Little Monkeys
- The Spider Kept on Spinning
- Two Talking Toucans
- I'm Being Swllowed by a Boa Constrictor
- Silly Sam
- Up So High
- Now My Shaker's Up/Where Are You
- The Butterfly
- "Grr-umph!" Went the Little Green Frog
- Ten Little Froggies
- A Salamander
- Matilda the Gorilla
- The Elephant
- One Little Elephant
- Five Little Speckled Frogs
- Walking Through the Jungle, What Do you See?
- Mister Sun
- The Lion Sleeps Tonight
Listen to Samples:
NOTE: This is NOT the full track listing.