Discover the elements that bring music alive with Music-Go-Rounds. Articulations add excitement, change the mood, vary the tone quality, and invite participation in the music.
- Sing a familiar song legato, then staccato, then in operatic style with lots of vibrato!
- Listen to various sections of Carnival of the Animals to hear grace notes, trills, slurs, staccato, legato and much more. Ask the children to see if the articulations helped identify the animal portrayed.
- Write (or use Music-Go-Rounds Rhythms) a simple 2-or 4-measure pattern on the whiteboard and play/sing it with differing articulations.
- Let children discover how these elements enhance the notes/rhythms to make them musical.
- Then let them explore how to conduct the articulation in a pattern or song.
Our MGR Articulations set gives you the tools to identify, play, sing, and recognize accent, marcato, staccato, legato, trill, grace note, slur, fermata, vibrato, glissando, arpeggio, tremolo, pizzicato, articulation.
Set of 14 silicone dots. With PDF Activity Guide, download below.