Conversational Solfege Level 3 by John Feierabend.
Conversational Solfege is a dynamic and captivating second through eighth grade general music program that enables students to become independent musical thinkers with the help of a rich variety of folk and classical music.
In this approach, music literacy for Gr. 2-8 starts with great literature and an "ear-before-eye" philosophy that correlates with the National Standards. Great songs are broken down into component parts and reassembled to meet the ultimate goal of engaged, independent musicians who can hear, understand, read, write, compose and improvise.
Central to the Conversational Solfege program is the use of music harvested from our rich and diverse American musical history. This variety of music serves as a common thread that spans and bonds generations including varied song material so the teacher can select appropriate music for the lower grades or older beginners.
This 12-step teaching method carefully brings students from readiness to, ultimately, creating music through inner hearing and then transferring their musical thoughts into notation—in other words, to compose music!
This series is a complete, innovative approach to teaching music that will stay fresh year after year.
Complete Level 3 Set
- Teacher's Manual (9404) offering tone and rhythm card games, duplicating templates, teaching techniques and assessments in a 12-step teaching method in a 3-ring binder
- Classical CD (21335) with 29 musical selections from a variety of composers
Conversational Solfege Unit 14:
- 1. March of the Toreadors • Georges Bizet
- 2. Slavonic Dance • Antonín Dvorák
- 3. Russian Dance • Igor Stravinsky
- 4. Dance of the Reed Pipes • Peter Tchaikovsky
Conversational Solfege Unit 15:
- 5. Morning • Edvard Grieg
- 6. Minuet • George Frideric Handel
- 7. Waltz • Johann Strauss II
- 8. Minuet in G • J. S. Bach
Conversational Solfege Unit 18:
- 9. Westminster Chimes
- 10. Ode to Joy • Ludwig van Beethoven
Conversational Solfege Unit 20:
- 11. The Moldau • Bedrich Smetana
- 12. The Wild Horseman • Robert Schumann
- 13. Anitra’s Dance • Edvard Grieg
Conversational Solfege Unit 22:
- 14. Violin Concerto in D • Ludwig van Beethoven
- 15. Symphony No. 6 • Ludwig van Beethoven
- 16. Roses from the South • Johann Strauss II
- 17. Symphony No. 1 • Johannes Brahms
- 18. Polovtsian Dance • Alexander Borodin
- 19. Eine Kleine Nachtmusik • Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- 20. Etude for Piano • Frédéric Chopin
Conversational Solfege Unit 23:
- 21. Natoma’s Dagger Dance • Victor Herbert
Conversational Solfege Unit 24:
- 22. Ground in D Major • Henry Purcell
Conversational Solfege Unit 25:
- 23. Violin Concerto in D • Ludwig van Beethoven
- 24. Sumer Is Icumen In
- 25. Symphony No. 9, “From the New World” • Antonin Dvorak
Conversational Solfege Unit 26:
- 26. Pachelbel Canon • Johann Pachelbel
- 27. Kaiser Waltz • Johann Strauss II
- 28. Marmotte • Ludwig van Beethoven
- 29. Autumn — Four Seasons • Antonio Vivaldi