by John Feierabend.
Conversational Solfege is a dynamic and captivating second through eighth grade general music program that enables students to become independent musical thinkers with the help of a rich variety of folk and classical music.
In this approach, music literacy for Gr. 2-8 starts with great literature and an "ear-before-eye" philosophy that correlates with the National Standards. Great songs are broken down into component parts and reassembled to meet the ultimate goal of engaged, independent musicians who can hear, understand, read, write, compose and improvise.
Central to the Conversational Solfege program is the use of music harvested from our rich and diverse American musical history. This variety of music serves as a common thread that spans and bonds generations including varied song material so the teacher can select appropriate music for the lower grades or older beginners.
This 12-step teaching method carefully brings students from readiness to, ultimately, creating music through inner hearing and then transferring their musical thoughts into notation—in other words, to compose music!
This series is a complete, innovative approach to teaching music that will stay fresh year after year.
Complete Level 2 Set
- Unit 5: Introduces So; Absolute Letter Names for Do Re Mi So in F Major & G Major
- Unit 6: Quarter Rest in 2/4 Meter
- Unit 7: Half Note in 2/4 Meter
- Unit 8: Dotted Quarter Rest in 6/8 Meter
- Unit 9: Dotted Half Note in 6/8 Meter
- Unit 10: Introduces La, Absolute Letter Names for Do Re Mi So La in F Major & G Major
- Unit 11: Introduces Fa, Absolute Letter Names for Do Re Mi Fa So in F Major & G Major
- Unit 12: La is Added to Do Re Mi Fa & So, Key of D Major & the Related Absolute Letter Names Are Introduced
- Unit 13: Quarter Note Followed by the Eighth Note in 6/8 Meter
Conversational Solfege Unit 5:
- 1. Antonin Dvorak • New World Theme
Conversational Solfege Unit 6:
- 2. Franz Joseph Haydn • Theme from the "Surprise Symphony"
- 3. Camille Saint-Sans • Turtles from Carnival of the Animals
- 4. Ludwig van Beethoven • Symphony No. 7, 2nd Movement
- 5. Josef Strauss • Feuerfest (Fireproof) Polka, Op. 269
Conversational Solfege Unit 7:
- 6. Jacques Offenbach • Can-Can
- 7. Dmitry Kabalevsky • Pantomime from the Comedians
- 8. Edvard Grieg • In the Hall of the Mountain King
Conversational Solfege Unit 9 and Unit 11:
- 9. Jacques Offenbach • Barcarolle
Conversational Solfege Unit 10:
- 10. Edvard Grieg • Morning
Conversational Solfege Unit 11:
- 11. Ottorino Respighi • Ground in G
Conversational Solfege Unit 12:
- 12. Johann Sebastian Bach • Jesu, Joy of Men's Desiring
- 13. Jean Sibelius • Finlandia
Conversational Solfege Unit 13:
- 14. Ludwig Van Beethoven • Symphony No. 6, Movement 5
Listen to Samples:
NOTE: This is NOT the full track listing.