Music is an aural art. Development of listening skills is essential for a child to be successful in any subject—but crucial for musicianship.
This listening kit by Denise Gagne provides an age-appropriate tool toward this end.
This basic program provides:
- listening logs, response journal starter, instrument worksheets, composer bios with worksheets.
- A complete set of classroom activities for the short listening examples on CD.
- A full set of non-directed intercom listening scripts to implement a total school program, but these could also be used in the music classroom as a daily listening exercise.
- Correlates with Music play by Denise Gagne and additional reference to the Composers Specials videos is a bonus.
- Each kit consists of a reproducible book and CD of the listening selections.
Level 1 Kit includes picture worksheets, games and activities, simple questions about the composer bios given, play-along selections for rhythm instruments, basic concepts (loud/soft, fast/slow, high/low) and introduction to the instruments. Carnival of the Animals and Peter and the Wolf are two major listening components.
An easy curriculum to implement for the music specialist or those teaching music for the first time.
Paperback & CD with access to Digital Download