Music is what feelings sound like.
Explore the elements of music with our tactile and fun Music-Go-Rounds
- Sing a familiar song like Jingle Bells in various dynamics--p-soft, f-loud, pp-very soft--then add a crescendo, and maybe a sforzando at the end as you teach the words and symbols.
- Listen actively to classical works, creating a dynamics map.
- Place a simple 1-measure rhythm groove on the board and play it with different dynamics.
- Begin to add articulations and change tempos and moods so children can experience how these elements add musicality to the notes/rhythms.
- Learn to compose one element at a time. Start with a rhyme or rhythm and add to it.
All our Music-Go-Rounds work together to help you create music by teaching all the elements interactively.
Set of 10 silicone dots with downloadable Activity Guide, below.