Each song-based lesson includes:
Lesson Structure: READY . . . SET . . . GO!
This in-depth lesson organization will prepare you for success in each class.
READY . . . (Targets)
This section details the learning targets, specific concepts to be addressed, vocabulary to be introduced, or reinforced, and lesson outcomes.
SET . . . (Stuff you’re gonna need!)
- A list of materials and equipment needed
- The Visuals needed for lesson support, which are available to you as downloads.
- Recordings for all songs: child-appropriate and fun tracks for the songs in this collection!
- Photographs to help you see what this lesson will look like in your classroom.
- Interest Igniters like props and manipulatives you might wish to use are included in many lessons.
GO! . . . (Instructional Sequence)
- Lesson Hooks to draw students in
- Step-by-step, in-depth instructional suggestions
- Plans that are scaffolded well, in order to use the children’s time wisely. This is especially important since so many music teachers see the students infrequently.
- Plans that strive to address a variety of “paths to learning” for your students
- Printed Book
- Digital Book PDF
- Audio MP3
1. My Bonnie
2. Down to the Baker's Shop
4. Long-Legged Sailor
5. Ridin' in a Buggy
6. Five Little Ducks
7. Allison's Camel
8. Six Blue Pigeons
Songs with Props
10. Five Green and Speckled Frogs
11. There's a Spider on the Floor
12. Little Cabin in the Wood
13. Under the Spreading Chestnut Tree
14. Swimming, Swimming
15. The Horse Went Around
16. Goin' on a Picnic
17. Charlie Over the Ocean
18. No More Pie
19. Seven Steps
20. Wishy Washy